Thursday, July 2, 2009

July 2 Workout

First of all, I'm celebrating that my baby girl is 10 months old today!

Today I decided to incorporate some hills into my workout. The nearest hill to me is the Santa Clara 55 Freeway overpass, so I headed there via 17th Street and cut through a residential neighborhood (Deodar to Avalon to Pasadena). Over the hill I went, then up Yorba and to Rainier and down Ethelbee past my grandmother's house (currently occupied by my sister's family and my brother). Back over the hill and down Santa Clara to Ridgewood and through the residential neighborhood there (Ridgewood, Camino, Millwood, Catalina, 20th, Millwood, 19th and Sherry). Sherry turns into Cabrillo Park Drive once you cross 17th street, so then I was home.

According to Google Maps, my course was 3.9 miles. I left at 6:30 and returned at 7:40. I had to stop for three long lights along my way, so made pretty good time overall.

Also, I accidentally discovered the joy of running when I had to sprint across Santa Clara to avoid an oncoming car. I jogged or ran three time during my course and can feel a big difference in my fitness level from when I started back in May!

No comments:

Post a Comment