Wednesday, September 9, 2009

September 5th Team Training & Missed Midweek Workouts

Last Thursday I was feeling wiped out for some reason and only did a "once around the block, better something than nothing" workout (about 1.5 miles).

Saturday I did 11 miles. Started off slow and wondered if I could do it, but three or four miles into it, found my energy and finished strong.

Back at Heritage Park, someone had thoughtfully set up a kiddie pool with ice water for cooling off hot and tired feet. When I removed my shoes and socks, I saw that my right big toe was oozing. My husband immediately diagnosed it as an ingrown toenail (and he should know, he was a chronic sufferer of them until he finally had the margins of his toenail permanently killed).

Said toe did not hurt during my workout, but got progressively more painful over the weekend. Yesterday I was limping.

So I skipped my midweek workout yesterday, and today I'm going to the doctor for toe treatment.

I imagine I may be skipping tomorrow's workout as well. It remains to be seen whether I can make it for Saturday's team training.

No comments:

Post a Comment