Saturday, September 19, 2009

Twelve Miles to the Beach!

Thursday I got a late start on my morning walk and it was hotter than anticipated, so my planned four mile course was cut short to just 3 miles.

Today was the longest team training of the season. To mark the occasion, the pace groups had a staggered start and headed down the Santa Ana River Trail to the beach with the goal of all arriving around the same time for a lunch party. My group started at Orangewood at 7:30, and I arrived at Huntington Beach at 11:30. The best part: my hunky husband, delightful daughter and adorable Andy (our dog) were waiting for me there. Charlotte and I enjoyed dipping our feet in the cool refreshing waves and digging our toes into the sand.

I definitely could have traveled another mile without a problem. Long Beach, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment