Sunday, August 16, 2009

August 15th Workout & Fundraising Update

For yesterday's satellite training, I chose the Corona Del Mar/Crystal Cove location. We started at Ocean and Heliotrope, followed Ocean down to Poppy and out to PCH. The sidewalk along PCH dead-ends and forces pedestrians and bicyclists into Crystal Cove State Park. It was a gorgeous walk through the glorious hues of coastal wildnerness with the Pacific as a backdrop. At the vehicular entrance to the park, I exited and continued up PCH just until Ruby's Shake Shack, the 3-mile turnaround point.

On the return trip I picked up a few brochures from houses for sale along Poppy. $2.1 million for the self-proclaimed cheapest house on the block.

Today I held a fundraiser at my church. I sold Cookie Lee jewelry from my stash of inventory left over after I lost my active salesperson status a few years ago, some cookbooks my mom donated from her Southern Living at Home inventory, and Otter Pops. I priced the jewelry at $5, cookbooks at $5 and Otter Pops 2/$1. Sales on the jewelry were the strongest, and a few people gave additional free will donations, for a total of $152!

My fundraising total is now $2,127.97, or 42.6% of my $5,000 goal!

September 23 is the fundraising deadline. Please consider making a generous donation!

No comments:

Post a Comment