Saturday, August 1, 2009

August 1st Team Training

This morning there were three satellite training options: Mission Viejo, Yorba Linda and Corona Del Mar. I decided on Mission Viejo because my friend Pat was going there, and Coach Jennifer was providing breakfast afterward.

Our hilly course took us along Oso Parkway up to Felipe, which curves up and turns into Olympiad. The half-marathon course turned off Olympiad onto La Paz, which went downhill to Marguerite, and I took Marguerite to Oso and back to Coach Jennifer's house. The full marathon training course continued on Olympiad until it hit Marguerite, a loop which was used in the 1984 Olympic cycling events.

I finished the 5 mile course in a little over one hour, but didn't get back home until 9:00 because I decided to drive part of the full marathon training course and then took Alicia back to the 5, which took longer than I anticipated.

No comments:

Post a Comment