Thursday, June 11, 2009

June 11th Workout

So last night the back of my baby girl's skull collided with my nose. I was able to go back to sleep, but when I woke up felt like I had a severe sinus headache, and didn't do my workout in the morning. After reading up on nose injuries, I decided I should call the doctor. She wanted to see me to make sure it wasn't broken and there weren't any complications. I had a 2:00 p.m. appointment and left work early. The nurse took my blood pressure, which was very low: 65/40! The doctor confirmed that my nose is just bruised and gave some tips for pain relief. She also looked at my thumb which I injured on Monday trying to open a coconut with a butcher knife and advised that I get a tetanus shot, which I did.

When I got home from the appointment around 3:00, I was exhausted and Charlotte was asleep in the back of the car, so we both slept in the car for about 30 minutes. When she woke up, we went inside and continued resting, me with a dose of Tylenol and a cold pack wrapped in a towel on my face. Just before 6:00 I felt a little better so I decided to get out and move even if I couldn't do a very intense workout.

We walked to Staples on 17th Street and got some ink for my printer so I can finish printing my fundraising letters. From Staples, we headed down Tustin Avenue, right on Fruit, explored a condo complex, continued on Fruit to Cabrillo where we turned right and headed up to Monterey Villas where we live.

I stopped to switch the front wheel of the stroller to swivel mode so we could better navigate the sidewalks in our complex. I must have stood up too fast, because after a few steps, I felt lightheaded, my vision started darkening and I felt weak in the knees. I decided to sit down in the middle of the sidewalk to avoid falling.

When I felt better, we slowly continued to the mailboxes and then on home.

Do my recent fatigue, today's low blood pressure and this little episode add up to anything serious? I hope not.

Today's stats:
Total course registers at 2.1 miles in Google maps; I checked out at Staples at 6:04 and we were back in the house by 6:43; not sure how long I was sitting on the sidewalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment