Thursday, June 4, 2009

June 4 Workout

I woke up at 6:00 as planned, got dressed and finished stretching by 6:05. I realized after I was down the block that I had neglected nutrition.

My course took me from Wellington down Cabrillo Park Drive, left on Fourth Street, left on Tustin, left on Wellington back to my complex (about 2 miles). I did short runs throughout and kept up a brisk walking pace otherwise. I ran between Fruit and a driveway into a condominimum community. I ran from one fire hydrant to the next. I ran from a tree to the corner. I was back by 6:35. According to Google Maps, at a walking pace the course should have taken 37 minutes.

When I was out there, I thought about my attitude toward running. I used to think that running feels like flying. How fun it was to speed along. But at some point between then and now (5th grade?), I began to think of running as a chore or even a punishment. I want to restore my childlike attitude and enjoy running once more.

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed with your great attitude. I will see you Saturday!

    Laura Ramirez

    ReplyDelete