Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Last June Workout

Today instead of getting up early for my walk, I waited until Adam got home after work and we walked as a family. Now that I know I am training for the half marathon, my scheduled workout was only 3 miles. I plotted a course on Google maps and away we went. The plan was to cut through a residential neighborhood between 17th and Santa Clara and then walk through the cemetary and loop back down through a different residential neighborhood back to 17th and home.

However, I got a little lost in the residential neighborhood and ended up on Tustin just south of Santa Clara instead. We turned west at Santa Clara, but when we reached the cemetary gates we discovered they were closed for the evening, so instead we continued along Santa Clara to Portola Park, walked south through the park and south on Mabury to 17th, back east to Cabrillo and then west again over to the continuation of Mabury where we continued south to Fruit, back to Cabrillo and north to home. Google Maps won't let me chart this exact route as it doesn't seem to understand that one can walk through a park, but subtracting out the 0.6 mile jog it would take to approximate the same route on through streets, we covered exactly 3 miles.

It took us about an hour what with stopping for lights and pushing the stroller.

No comments:

Post a Comment