Saturday, May 30, 2009

May 30th Workout

Today was my first Team training. We met at Road Runner Sports in Costa Mesa and learned a little bit about why the correct shoe is important for preventing injury. Then we went out on a 3.25 mile course. I soon learned a little bit about the inadequacy of my cheap Target shoes that I've had for a while as my left foot began rolling in just enough to start a twinge in my inside calf muscle that felt like a cramp that wouldn't go away. After about two blocks, I switched to walking and finished out the course at a steady pace within 50 minutes.

After the run I learned some simple cool down stretches. I decided to return to the store later to get my personal shoe fitting because I had an appointment to get to at 10:00 and there was a long line ahead of me.

Adam, Charlotte and I went back to the store about 4:30 in the afternoon, and left when they closed at 6:00 with shoes and socks for each of us and high arch support insoles for me. The pressure test showed that my arches are extremely high and the treadmill video showed that my left ankle rolls in quite a bit as I walk/run. My new shoes are pink and white Nikes and they feel awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment