Saturday, May 16, 2009

Pumped up by the Kickoff!

This morning was the Team in Training kickoff and I am more excited than ever about my training and fundraising.

Hearing the stories of the Honored Teammates and their families about how blood cancers have affected their lives was very moving.

I'm inspired by their stories to set a new fundraising goal: $5000.

I was also encouraged by the training plan. It will start off nice and easy. Twenty minutes on Tuesday, twenty minutes on Thursday (which is about what I have been doing). During the first team training on Saturday, they will cover two miles. I'll be doing that on my own since we will be on vacation in Solvang!

My plan is to continue with interval running/walking, likely 2/2's, 2/1's and 3/2's to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment